Welcome to GMS athletics! (Disponible en español)
The following forms must be completed and submitted to the athletic office before athletes are eligible to practice or tryout. After completion of the required forms, an Athletic Participation Clearance Card will be issued to you from the athletic office. This clearance card notifies the coach of your eligibility and YOU MUST PRESENT this card to your coach at the first tryout or practice.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic during the 2019-20 school year and the continued stress on the medical community, the Indiana High School Athletic Association, Inc. will waive the provisions of Rule 3-10 for the 2020-21 school year. Effective immediately, valid physical and consent forms presented to member schools on behalf of eligible students during the 2019-20 school year shall be valid during the upcoming 2020-21 school year.
Any athlete not having a valid IHSAA pre-participation examination physical form on file from the 2019-2020 scholastic year is required to have a valid Pre-Participation Physical and Consent Form completed prior to eligibility and competition. This includes any student-athlete coming from an out-of-State school to an IHSAA member school or any student who did not participate in sports during the 2019-2020 school year. The student must have a valid Pre Participation Physical and Consent Form completed on the official IHSAA form prior to eligibility.
Finally, if available and desired by the student, parent, or member school, a new Pre-Participation Physical and Consent Form on the most current IHSAA document dated after April 1, 2020, is most acceptable and welcomed.
2020 – 2021 Forms
- Athletic Physical Form – English and Spanish
- Code of Conduct, Proof of Insurance, and Emergency Medical Form – English and Spanish
- Concussion and Sudden Cardiac Arrest Information Signature Form – English and Spanish
- Agreement for Self-Assessment Form – English and Spanish
- 2020-2021 Health History Update/Questionnaire and Consent & Release Form – English and Spanish
- 2020-2021 Athletic Physical Policy Update/Waiver Form – English and Spanish
- Fall Sports Athletic Registration is July 6, 7, 8, 13, 14, and 15, from 2:00-7:00 pm in the GMS Athletic Office.
- Football practice for Grades 7th and 8th begins August 3, 4:05-6:00 pm.
- 7th and 8th Volleyball Tryouts August 6, 7 and 10, 4:00-6:00 pm.
- Cross Country for grades 6th, 7th, 8th August 12, 4:00-5:30 pm.
- Girls Soccer 6th, 7th & 8th Grades Open Field August 11, 4:00-5:30 pm, Tryouts August 12, 13 & 14, 4:00-5:30 pm.
- Boys Soccer Grades 7th & 8th, Open Field August 11, 6:00-7:30 pm and Tryouts August 12, 13 & 14, 6:00-7:30 pm.
Mrs. Egli, GMS Athletic Coordinator with questions at 534-6436 or 533-0391 Ext. 2703